We are currently seeking a Front-End Developer who will be responsible for the visual elements of the ClimateView platform and other web elements. You will work completely integrated with the UI/UX team. With a dynamic tool like ClimateView, you will often be coding prototypes side by side with a designer, code and UX decisions in tandem. In each person we hire, we seek a passion towards halting climate change, a determination to save the planet, and an impulse for speed – as time is of essence.
What you will be doing:
- Saving the planet.
- Developing new user-facing features to make dense climate data more actionable.
- Pushing the technical envelope of web UX, together with our users and designers.
- Optimising applications for speed and scalability.
- Working in a cross-functional Agile team.
- Following emerging technologies.
- Writing code that will last for a day, as well as code you will be proud to show your grand-children. (And know when you should be doing what)
Who you are:
- Committed to saving the planet.
- At home in front of a whiteboard.
- Know the value of focus.
- Pragmatic, strategic, fast.
- 3+ years' experience as a front-end developer.
- Excellent programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- Strong understanding of web applications, including security, session management and best practices.
- Programming experience with Angular.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Proficiency with resolving cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Proficiency with Git.
- A bachelor-level degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
You’ll start as soon as possible and will hit the ground running – because the world’s biggest group project, the climate challenge, has already suffered from too much stagnation.
Let’s do this.